Monday, October 19, 2009

Good Day for Gavin

Can You See What's Missing in These Pictures?







He no longer has an IV!!!! Something new happens everyday. We are soooo happy we don't have to worry about his skin breaking down because of that IV anymore. He is now only on breast milk for his nutrients which is one step forward for him to go into the stage 2 room. He now is getting 6 mils every hour so they keep on increasing it everyday and he is tolerating it wonderfully. Today he was 2lbs 9oz so he gained one oz. It was so nice to see that yuckie IV off his little body. The nurse said he didn't have any apnea today and was doing great. We weren't able to visit with him as long as we have been because I started having my gall bladder attacks this morning so I was sleeping off the pain. Tomorrow we hope to get to see him for longer and hold him since he is doing better. He knows when we are there...when we talk he opens his little eyes and just looks at us and smiles....its so sweet. His right eye is better...not so swollen but now his left eye is getting oozy so they are putting drops in them and doing antibiotics. Today he was soooo cute...you can kinda see in the pics how he was laying...they used a blanket rolled up around his body and he was straddling it like a mini body pillow. I love my little baby boy.

3 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

Go Gavin! Best news evar about the IV! I know I promised him a toy if he made it to 34 weeks but just this once I will give in and buy him the cutest toy ever! Who am I kidding? I'll never say no to this little man!

Jessie said...

lol His aunt is already spoiling him rotten.

GeekByMarriage said...

How's my monkey boy doin' today?