Saturday, October 17, 2009

More Pics From Today

Gavin is doing great today. He is now completely off O2 breathing room air. He is still in between the stage 3 and stage 2 rooms. We were able to hold him almost all day and I gave him another wipe down bath and took his temperature which was good....he is keeping warm while we are holding him so thats good. There was a little incident with the IV in his head today.....the TPN (nutritional IVs he is given) can cause skin break down and today the site where his IV was in his head was a little irritated and red. His doctor prescribed a medicine that forces all the negative toxins out of the the area through the skin so the break down doesn't occur but he has to be stuck like 4-5 times around that IV site (when they did it he didn't cry thank goodness). He may or may not have a scar there now. But they moved the IV to the side of his head and it took forever for them to get it in and many sticks in other parts of his body which was nerve racking. Being able to hold him the whole time was awesome though.....oooo and I got to change his poopie diaper for my first time today....he has tiny poopies so it wasn't bad at all and it doesn't stink.....yet! :-) When I was holding him he started sucking my neck like a little vampire......I knew I shouldn't have watched all those True Blood episodes this season. lol We gave him his soother and he got tired out sucking on it. I'm sooooo happy he is sucking....it will be great practice for when he gets around 34 weeks....thats when his suck, swallow, breathe reflex will kick in more and I'll be able to breast feed him. Are ya'll ready for more pics? Ya'll are gonna get tired of all the pics I put up on here but I can't help it.....he is our first and only baby boy.























4 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

I live for daily Gavin pics so don't ever stop posting them!

Krista said...

This is so sweet! Love it! And your right he does look like Ben too.

Jessie said...

:-) Yeah I can't get enough of him....can't wait till he is here and I have him in my arms all the time. He is so sweet....he just curls up and sleeps or looks around at times. I live to go to the NICU everyday and spend time with him. I love how they are letting us do more with him just like we would if he were home. I miss him too much when we have to leave.

Jessie said...

Yeah I think he looks just like Ben...Don't see too much of me in him other than his crazy finger nails...They grow flat, square and paper thin. I hope he doesn't get my stubborness!