Friday, October 9, 2009

Back from the Doctor Appt.

Went to the doctor's appt. had an ultrasound by the tech, did the stress test and watched a movie while doing it (they tried simulating a movie theater...it was funny...they gave me chips and vitamin water and turn the lights off while strapped to heart and contraction monitor). Then Dr. Maher wanted to do the ultrasound himself so did another ultrasound with him.
He said pretty much I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying here till the baby is born. He said he wants to buy me at least 2-3 more weeks to get about one more pound on him but he doesn't know if my body is gonna allow it or not. So the baby will be around 3 lbs when he is born give or take some ozs if I last 2-3 weeks. He said its a waiting game and I could deliver him anytime with how my body is behaving. He said that most doctors would have said ok she has preeclampsia lets take him out now and pray for the best with him in the NICU but because he knows I have dysautonomia he said that its hard to say how much of that is playing into all this so he is gonna hold off and see how my body does. I still have protein in my urine and everything is pretty much the same with my enzyme and platelet levels. The fluid around the baby is even lower now....there are a few good pockets of it still. I have gained 5 lbs of water weight since yesterday so he is monitoring that closely and gave me two diuretic shots which make me pee even more now than ever....and I thought I went to the bathroom a lot before! HA! No sooner do I get back in bed and hook my feet up and realize I have to go potty again. Got to see another great pic of the baby's face....I think he is gonna look like Ben. He is already so cute and he isn't even here yet. There has been a rash of deliveries here and the postpartum wing is full and backed up of women waiting to get into the rooms after having their baby in labor and delivery. Hope he holds out for a few more weeks!

No comments: