Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gavin Wearing Stripes

Gavin has been doing great as always. He only had 2 times where he had apnea for the day. He was wearing a red, brown and cream striped footed onsie yesterday and was look absolutely adorable. I know I know no pics.....but we tried! We went to two different stores with no luck of finding that battery. We are gonna go to a couple more today so wish us luck. He gained 2 ozs so now he is 2lb 12 oz! YAY!!!!! He is moving on up and so is his feedings. Now he is on a schedule instead of continuous feeds to help him recognize feeding times with eating from a nipple. So he is getting his 7mils every 3 hours (8am, 11am, etc). I held him for the whole time again yesterday. Ben was feeling his IBS so he wasn't feeling up to it....maybe he will hold him today. I'm loving all the holding time though....getting my Gavin fix. :-) He was very awake and squirmy while I was holding him. I think he wanted to look up at me but I was kangarooing him so that position is hard to do. He kept moving his head side to side....lifting it up off my chest....I didn't think babies were supposed to do that yet. I thought that was a 1-3 month milestone. He just keeps surprising us everyday. He would squirm to the side and look up at me with his tiny eyes. I just can't get enough of it. He finally settled down and slept with his little mouth open just like his daddy. He had another scrub down today but the nurse was less vigorous but that didn't mean Gavin liked it any less. He would let out these little tiny cries that just made you say aaawwww how cute instead of poor baby. lol His face when he gets all mad is too funny...he looks like a grumpy old man. His little forehead wrinkles up and the corners of his mouth go down. I definitely have to get a pic of it for all of ya'll. Oooooo his belly button/umbilical cord fell off yesterday and the nurse was handing it to me without it in a little envelope or anything....eewww. She wrapped it in some paper thank goodness cause my purse is an endless black hole. She said people put them in the baby books so I guess we will do the same. We also have his little clamp from his umbilical cord for his book. He looks like an inny but its not totally in yet cause he has no fat on him. He is sucking and holding his soother in his mouth without me having to hold it for him now. Good sign he might be a good feeder when they start his nipple feedings. YAY! Can't wait to see him today...and hope to get that battery so we can take tons of pics today!

1 comment:

Aunt Emmy said...

Yeah!! Great news!! I know Marmon kept Libby's cord but I didn't keep Bay's-kinda gross. I would keep the clamp, that's all. LOL If you can't touch it, why would you want to see it in a scrapbook!! LOL
I'm so glad he's gaining weight and doing more and more on his own!!