Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gavin Wore Clothes for the First Time Today

Gavin wore clothes for the first time today. He looked soooo cute in a blue little footed onesie. The batteries finally died in mom's camera so we weren't able to take pics. We both got to hold him for a good amount of time. He had a few apnea spells today but other than that he did fine. He weighs 2lbs 10oz today. The nurse showed us how to give him a bath with soap...she called it a scrub down and she wasn't kidding.....she really scrubbed him down soooo much both Ben and I were freaking out how rough she was being with him. Protective parents already. Needless to say he wasn't happy about his scrub down and neither were we. Just our luck this nurse is gonna be around for the next 5 days. At least she let us hold him for a long time that was a plus. She moved his feeding tube...it now goes through his nose instead of his mouth....so he can suck on his soothie more and try to associate his feedings with sucking. Both Ben and I thought that he looked different today....guess it was the placement of his tube. He was really awake....looking at us a lot while we held him. In his left eye you can begin to see really light blue iris starting to appear. Our baby is most likely gonna have blue eyes.

4 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

Hate to say it but the first really good bath is gonna be rough. That vernix doesn't want to come off! The next baths should be much more gentle.

Can't wait to see him all dressed up!

How have YOU been feeling? I never had a C-Section so I am curious.

Jessie said...

Thats the thing....it wasn't his first bath with soap. He was red forever afterwards. At least I know he is clean now. lol I'm feeling ok...it still hurts when I do anything especially walk, cough, sneeze, or just laying in bed a certain way. Although laying down feels better than sitting for any length of time. I'm all bruised up down there...black and blue...looks really disgusting and the sensation is all crazy feeling from where they cut through some nerves. Hot and tingly in places and then some places I can't feel anything but my sensation should come back in time like it did with my ankle surgery. I'm having a lot of my dysautonomia symptoms...the main two being dizzy and tired/fatigued all the time. I go to bed before Ben....isn't that crazy? Pumping milk isn't as horrible as I heard it would be. It's not as painful as I have heard. It does get that uterus to contracting which feels like huge cramps. I'm still bleeding more than I thought I would and where they cut me feels like my insides are gonna bust out at any moment when I'm walking or turn a certain way. YAY c-sections! hahahahaha I'm sure if I had a vaginal delivery I would have recovered much quickly than I am now. Can't wait to feel like myself again.

SwitzerTwins said...

Glad to here he is doing well. We check here several times a day.. He is just the cutest lil thing..

Jessie said...

Thanks! Yeah he is a cutie. Love holding him and watching him sleep. He is so sweet and we can't wait to bring him home when he gets bigger.