Monday, October 12, 2009

Gavin's Mini Updade

We saw Gavin again last night and his Nicu nurse said he is doing fine. His bilirubin was increased meaning he has jaundice and needs to be under UV lights and a UV blanket. After he gets off the lights then Ben and I can do the kangaroo holding where we hold him bare skin to skin. It will be the first time we will actually get to hold our tiny baby. He lost an oz but the nurse said its normal...he is now 2lbs 6oz. I'm breast pumping for his feedings which are combined with some formula and delivered to his tummy through a tube in his nose. He is taking 4 mil combined with formula and is fed this every 3 hours. He hasn't had a bowel movement yet and his nurse thinks its because he still has his meconium plug since he is still so young. They are going to try to massage his sphincter muscles to help relieve this. He went on room oxygen for a few last night and he tolerated it well but he is still gonna be on the c-pap o2 around 26-28 oxygen throughout the day. We get to talk to his ped. doctor some time today to know more about the pic line and when they will do that procedure. Dr. Tucker is supposed to discharge me sometime today but not sure when she is making her rounds.

4 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

Please keep posting so we can keep up without calling to bug you guys!

Jessie said...

Aw you aren't bugging....Its been crazy around here. There is always a doctor, social worker, nurse, students, someone in the room with us all the time.

Thomas & Amber Ryan said...

When Kennedy was born she was also under the lights... I cried and cried b/c I wanted to take her home with me. Thomas used to sing " I wear my sunglasses at night" and it would always make me smile. ;-) Keep pumping away and he will be home before you know it! How are you feeling?

Jessie said...

Hahaha! Thats funny....now when I see him with his super cool glasses on I'll laugh. He wears just a diaper, hat(looks like a helmet), and glasses so he looks like my little naked pilot. Mendy says he looks like a little cornish hen how they have him positioned on his belly with his tiny hiney up in the air. Can't wait to hold him.