Thursday, August 19, 2010

Break Down!

Today we experienced our first car breakdown with Gavin. I thought it was gonna be craziness but he was actually really good. We were out to pick up something to eat which we thought was gonna be really quick & cheap and it ended up taking hours & costing 90 bucks for a new battery. Luckily a man, his wife and grandson helped us or we probably would still be sitting there. Gavin was great the whole time. I got him out of his car seat and he played with the car keys in my lap and was a happy camper. Good thing he didn't need his diaper changed or we would have been in trouble! I didn't bring anything with us not even my purse. Thank goodness it had been raining earlier and it wasn't as hot as it had been outside. After Gavin was fed and bathed I was rocking him to sleep and was kissing him and for the first time he kissed me back. My heart melted! I was putty in his little hands after that. I think I rocked him a little longer tonight than I have been. It was great.

No comments: